59 Syrian Asylum Seekers Enter Bulgaria in 1 Day
A total of 63 refugees have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to Bulgarian border police.
These included 59 Syrians, authorities say.
Bulgaria has the capacity to accommodate about 5 000, while over 6 500 refugees have arrived in the country since the beginning of 2013, with local authorities expecting the number to exceed 11 000 by the end of the year.
The total capacity of 4 100 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 586 beds. -
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia Launches New Holiday, Raises Concerns across Balkans
- » Bulgarian Schools Have New Mission - Save Future of School Dropouts from Poverty
- » Start of School Year in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks 36th in Frasers's 2021 Economic Freedom of the World Annual Report
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2029 New Cases
- » LGBTIQ Rights Should Be Defended across the Bloc, Same-Sex Marriages to Be Allowed in all Member States