59 Syrian Asylum Seekers Enter Bulgaria in 1 Day
A total of 63 refugees have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to Bulgarian border police.
These included 59 Syrians, authorities say.
Bulgaria has the capacity to accommodate about 5 000, while over 6 500 refugees have arrived in the country since the beginning of 2013, with local authorities expecting the number to exceed 11 000 by the end of the year.
The total capacity of 4 100 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 586 beds. -
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Bulgarians have Proved to be the most Active in the EU in Reporting Crimes
- » Child Fell from an Abandoned Building in Mezdra
- » Addiction to Video Games was Officially Recognized as a Disease
- » Boiler Exploded near a School and Wounded Teachers