Syrian Refugee Found Dead Near Bulgaria-Macedonia Border
The body of a Syrian refugee has been discovered outside the Bulgarian village of Ranentsi, near the country’s border with Macedonia.
The body exhibited no traces of violence, police said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old refugee had been placed in the Transit Center in Pastrogor. An ID document issued by the Transit Center has been found on the body.
The man traveled by bus from Sofia to the town of Kyustendil and then hired a cab to the vicinity of Ranentsi, according to local media.
Police are investigating the case.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy