Syrian Refugee Found Dead Near Bulgaria-Macedonia Border
The body of a Syrian refugee has been discovered outside the Bulgarian village of Ranentsi, near the country’s border with Macedonia.
The body exhibited no traces of violence, police said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old refugee had been placed in the Transit Center in Pastrogor. An ID document issued by the Transit Center has been found on the body.
The man traveled by bus from Sofia to the town of Kyustendil and then hired a cab to the vicinity of Ranentsi, according to local media.
Police are investigating the case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo