Syrian Refugee Found Dead Near Bulgaria-Macedonia Border
The body of a Syrian refugee has been discovered outside the Bulgarian village of Ranentsi, near the country’s border with Macedonia.
The body exhibited no traces of violence, police said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old refugee had been placed in the Transit Center in Pastrogor. An ID document issued by the Transit Center has been found on the body.
The man traveled by bus from Sofia to the town of Kyustendil and then hired a cab to the vicinity of Ranentsi, according to local media.
Police are investigating the case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations
- » Unregulated Contacts of President Radev’s Secretary with Businessman Plamen Bobokov
- » PM Boyko Borisov, Vladislav Goranov and Menda Stoyanova Are Questioned in the Investigation Against Mogul Bozhkov