Refugee Shelter In Bulgarian Town Of Harmanli Becomes Overcrowded
Newly arrived refugees are housed in the former dining room of the shelter, all trailers are crowded.
Some refugees are rebelling and destroying tents in the yet uninhabited section of the refugee shelter in the southern Bulgarian town of Harmanli , reports local newspaper “Marica”.
Unrest is due to the fact that there is no more space in the trailers that have been installed on October 13th.
The Harmanli shelter is of the closed type (refugees are not allowed to walk outside) and its capacity of 450 beds, has been exceeded by 200 beds, as of Tuesday October 29th there are more than 650 refugees sheltered there.
In order for the refugees to be allowed to leave the camp, they must submit a declaration to prove that they can afford to pay a rent, informs “Marica”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: All hospitals in Sofia Suspend Scheduled non-urgent Admissions and Surgical Procedures
- » Weather in Bulgaria - Cold and Rain
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Increase of the New Cases with 3004 Registered in the Past 24 Hrs
- » Nasa's Perseverance Rover Begins its Mission on Mars
- » Bulgarian Astronomer and Team Found New Exoplanet Gliese 486b
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: Wearing Face Masks in Crowded Outdoor Spaces is Obligatory in Vratsa