472 Asylum Seekers Enter Bulgaria in 3 Days
A total of 472 asylum seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 3 days, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry. ‘
343 of them are Syrian, the Ministry says.
Bulgaria has the capacity to accommodate about 5 000, while over 6 500 refugees have arrived in the country since the beginning of 2013, with local authorities expecting the number to exceed 11 000 by the end of the year.
The total capacity of 4 090 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 551 beds.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
The country has asked and will receive EU aid in order to deal with the ongoing refugee influx.
The fence that Bulgarian authorities are building over a section of the Bulgarian-Turkish border will be ready by February next year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2 days, 3 tests, 3 results: Patients alert for Drastic Discrepancies in Antibody Testing
- » Facebook Removed more than 500 Accounts related to Misinformation on the origins of COVID-19
- » Pfizer CEO: Vaccines against COVID-19 will Probably become Annual
- » Bulgaria: All Students return to Class on Monday - They will be Tested once a Week
- » More than 8 billion Vaccines against Covid have been Administered Worldwide
- » Outbreak of Meningitis in a Kindergarten in Sofia, One Child Died