Bulgarian Orthodox Church Elects New Metropolitan Bishop
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church elected a new metropolitan bishop for Western and Central Europe Sunday.
Anthony, who up to now served as bishop for Konstanta, was elected with a full majority of 10 out of 10 ballots cast by the synod.
His rival in the contest was Nessebar bishop Iakov, who did not get any votes.
Anthony enters into office starting his election Sunday.
The new metropolitan bishop for Western and Central Europe will be officially enthoned next Sunday, November 3, in Berlin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today is the World Theatre Day
- » The 24th Sofia International Film Festival and the 17th Sofia Meetings Postponed
- » The National Gallery Limits Attendance at its Affiliates
- » The 24rd Edition of Sofia International Film Festival Begins in March
- » The New James Bond Movie Premiere will be Delayed because of the Coronavirus
- » Al Bano and Romina Power's Concert in Bulgaria is Postponed