Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Wants Revoting of Land Moratorium
Bulgaria's Minister of Agriculture and Foods, Dimitar Grekov, believes Parliament should re-vote the moratorium on farm land sale to foreigners.
According to Grekov, the extension of the moratorium was a decision which discredits Bulgaria's position in the EU.
“Since we are in the EU, we must adhere to its rules. What good will it be if we change course in every uncomfortable situation and choose to neglect them?”, commented Grekov for the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Agricultural Minister stated that Bulgaria's farming land will not be so attractive to foreign buyers as some politicians make it out, since it is not consolidated and merged.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank Withdraws Old Banknotes with Denomination of BGN 20 from Circulation – Check Where You can Change yours!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024