Brazil: Bulgaria Should Have Known about Boevski Release
Brazilian authorities have been surprised to learn the release of former Olympic champion Galabin Boevski from jail took Bulgarian authorities by surprise.
“I don’t know why the Bulgarian authorities were unaware of plans to release Galabin Bovski from jail. This is a high-profile case. The trial against him in Brazil continues,” Brazil’s Ambassador to Bulgaria Manuel du Nascimento commented for TV 7 channel.
In his words this is obviously a case of miscommunication.
He explained that the document "ekspulsao" is most often valid for 5 years, which means that for this period Boevski is not allowed to enter Brazil.
Former Olympic weightlifting champion Galabin Boevski, who was serving a nine-year prison sentence in Brazil for international drug trafficking surprisingly arrived home in Bulgaria on Wednesday evening after being granted an early release.
Bulgarian officials, including the justice minister and chief prosecutor, said on Thursday that they were caught by surprise by Boevski’s release.
Bulgarian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ivaylo Kashkanov said the decision to release Boevski was made by Brazil, which is not obligated to notify Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats