Brazil: Bulgaria Should Have Known about Boevski Release
Brazilian authorities have been surprised to learn the release of former Olympic champion Galabin Boevski from jail took Bulgarian authorities by surprise.
“I don’t know why the Bulgarian authorities were unaware of plans to release Galabin Bovski from jail. This is a high-profile case. The trial against him in Brazil continues,” Brazil’s Ambassador to Bulgaria Manuel du Nascimento commented for TV 7 channel.
In his words this is obviously a case of miscommunication.
He explained that the document "ekspulsao" is most often valid for 5 years, which means that for this period Boevski is not allowed to enter Brazil.
Former Olympic weightlifting champion Galabin Boevski, who was serving a nine-year prison sentence in Brazil for international drug trafficking surprisingly arrived home in Bulgaria on Wednesday evening after being granted an early release.
Bulgarian officials, including the justice minister and chief prosecutor, said on Thursday that they were caught by surprise by Boevski’s release.
Bulgarian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ivaylo Kashkanov said the decision to release Boevski was made by Brazil, which is not obligated to notify Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid