Bulgarian Thermal Power Plant Fined over Air Pollution
Thermal power plant Maritsa 3 has been fined slightly over BGN 64 000 by a Bulgarian regional environmental inspectorate over air pollution.
The fine imposed on the TPP over sulphur dioxide emissions exceeding admissible levels is mentioned in a report presenting all inspections conducted by Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Water in September.
According to the report, as cited by investor.bg, the heating utility in the western town of Pernik, Toplofikatsiya – Pernik, was also penalized over air pollution for failing to limit unorganized emission concentration of dust.
According to the report, heating utilities were not the only source of air pollution.
Penalties for such violations were imposed on Veliko Tarnovo-based firm Patni Stroezhi (Road Construction) EOOD, Shumen-based vegetable oil plant "Rosa", and the asphalt facility of Bulgarpatstroi AD near Burgas.
The emphasis of the inspections in September was water conservation, according to the Environment Ministry.
Penalties over improper wastewater disposal were imposed on the Belovo Paper Mill and Fikosota Sintez OOD company.
In September 2013, Environment Ministry officials inspected over 1500 sites, issued 79 statements of offence and 626 instructions on how to deal with irregularities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020