Bulgarian Army Builds Border Fence With Turkey
Bulgaria has started construction of a fence along its border with Turkey to prevent the entry of illegal immigrants.
Bulgarian Army began a construction of a fence that will be used to restrict the number of refugees entering Bulgaria from Turkey, informs the Ministry of Defense.
The start of the building of the fence was ordered by Bulgarian Defense Minister, Angel Naydenov on Thursday, October 24th.
Minister Naydenov previously announced plans for the army to urgently start restoration of roads and approaches to areas where additional special border monitoring equipment will be installed.
The construction begins in accordance to a decision made by Bulgarian Government at an extraordinary meeting that was held on Monday, according to which the Bulgarian state should undertake serious measures in the direction of a clampdown at southern border with Turkey.
Nearly 8000 people who have fled the Syrian conflict have entered Bulgaria from Turkey in search for shelter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized
- » Bulgaria will Not Provide S-300 to Ukraine
- » Defense Minister: We are discussing a Response to Russia's actions in the Bulgarian Exclusive Zone in the Black Sea
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia's Black Sea Exercises in our Economic Zone are a Provocation
- » Bulgaria: Former Instructor in Ukraine’s Interior Ministry is the New Head of the Terem Weapons Plants