Bulgarian Army Builds Border Fence With Turkey
Bulgaria has started construction of a fence along its border with Turkey to prevent the entry of illegal immigrants.
Bulgarian Army began a construction of a fence that will be used to restrict the number of refugees entering Bulgaria from Turkey, informs the Ministry of Defense.
The start of the building of the fence was ordered by Bulgarian Defense Minister, Angel Naydenov on Thursday, October 24th.
Minister Naydenov previously announced plans for the army to urgently start restoration of roads and approaches to areas where additional special border monitoring equipment will be installed.
The construction begins in accordance to a decision made by Bulgarian Government at an extraordinary meeting that was held on Monday, according to which the Bulgarian state should undertake serious measures in the direction of a clampdown at southern border with Turkey.
Nearly 8000 people who have fled the Syrian conflict have entered Bulgaria from Turkey in search for shelter.
- » The EU Allocates More than Half a Billion Euros for Defense Projects
- » US Secret Service will Train Bulgarian Teams
- » BOMB SIGNAL: Authorities Evacuated the Bus Station And the Train Station in Sofia
- » AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW ZEALAND: Is There a Threat to Our National Security?
- » Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
- » Bulgaria is Expected to Get the First Two F-16 Fighters Up to 4 Years