Sofia Subway Launches Free Wi-Fi Service
Passengers on the subway in the Bulgarian capital Sofia will be able to talk on cell phones and surf the web, the Metropolitan company announced Monday.
The services will be available on all subway lines, whether passengers are at a station or inside the train car in tunnels.
The networks of the three telecom operators - Mtel, GLOBUL and VIVACOM provide speeds of up to 42 mbps for downloads and 5.76 mbps for uploads.
This allows passengers to keep conversations on the phone; download or upload files from the internet, watch movies, listen to music, and play games in real time. The wireless network has the capacity to provide voice and data transfer services for all passengers in the subway, which currently transports an average of 450,000 people a day.
Telecom services are available in all 23 subway stations and for all 36 km of railway lines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » These Bulgarian Electric Vehicles will be Among the Most Affordable on the World Market
- » Bulgaria: The Economy Grew by nearly 5% before the Start of Summer
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced
- » North Macedonia to Introduce Electricity Saving Measures
- » Annual Inflation in Bulgaria for July Jumped above 17%
- » The Price of Gas in Germany will Increase by about 2.5 Euro cents