60% of Bulgarians Disapprove of Socialist-Led Govt - Poll
Voter confidence in the Bulgarian government stands at 30% and the disapproval is twice as high, according to a recent poll.
The poll has been conducted by "Gallup International" between October 3 and 10, among 1013 Bulgarians of voting age by direct interviews at home.
When asked whether the government should resign, equal number of respondents - 41% responded "yes" and nearly the same percentage said "no." The poll shows that half of Bulgarians, aged between 18 and 55, want the Socialist-led government of Plamen Oresharski to resign. The Cabinet relies on strong support of Bulgarians over 55 years of age as 62% of them believe the government should continue to work and finish its term.
41% the respondents support antigovernment protests, while 45% expressed disapproval. Only 27% of citizens support the counter-protests in support of the government and 56% are firmly against them.
A significant number of people in the poll, 68%, were adamant that they would not participate in the protests against the government. 22% have expressed willingness to participate.
"For four months now, polls produce a similar picture of public attitudes. They have stabilized some after a period of scandals in the months after the election. This in no way detracts from the high level of public concern and protest potential remains significant, "says Parvan Simeonov from Gallup.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend