Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Moves Up to Career-High ATP Ranking
Bulgarian tennis hopeful Grigor Dimitrov has moved 6 spots up to a career-high ATP Tour ranking of 22nd after winning his first ATP World Tour title.
The 22-year-old won the If Stockholm Open with a 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over top seed David Ferrer on Sunday. This feat makes Dimitrov the first Bulgarian to win an ATP World Tour title, joining seven other first-time champions on the ATP World Tour in 2013.
The Bulgarian added 250 Emirates ATP Ranking points and claimed EUR 95,700 in prize money.
It was Dimitrov’s second final on the ATP World Tour after falling to Andy Murray in straight sets in the season-opening Brisbane International.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup: The Most Iconic Performances of All-Time
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins