Arson Suspected in Huge Farm Fire in Bulgaria
A huge fire broke out in a farm with 600 sheep in southern Bulgaria.
The blaze happened at the Tsarnogor site, close to the village of Karnalovo, near the town of Petrich.
The fire occurred shortly after 7:30 pm on Saturday and there were no shepherds at the site, which is a former base of the farm cooperative from the time of the Socialist regime.
However, owners, workers and friends have immediately begun effort to extinguish the flames, and were joined a little later by firefighter teams from Petrich. The battle with the blaze lasted all night, Standard News writes.
Firefighters continued to extinguish the smoldering 11 000 bales of hay Sunday morning. 50 animals were killed; the others were saved by the swift intervention of the farmers who opened the door of the barn first.
Owners are adamant that this was a case of arson, and police and firefighters' probe is following this exact lead. .
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police
- » Bulgaria: Six People were detained after a Mass Fight in in Kardzhali - A Girl was Injured