Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.2 point magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered near the southwestern Bulgarian town of Simitli in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:01 am Friday morning.
The epicenter was 90 km southeast of the capital Sofia and 14 km southwest of the city of Blagoevgrad.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » From February 5: Arctic Cold sets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: The Roads in the Areas of Sofia have been Treated against Icing
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia