Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.2 point magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered near the southwestern Bulgarian town of Simitli in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:01 am Friday morning.
The epicenter was 90 km southeast of the capital Sofia and 14 km southwest of the city of Blagoevgrad.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow Code for Low Temperatures in 25 Regions of Bulgaria
- » Why is it so Hard to Predict Earthquakes?
- » The Weather will be Sunny and Cold, Strong Wind is expected in Eastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Strong Wind Knocked Down Trees in Varna
- » Bulgaria: The Wind Speed in Sliven reaches over 100 km/h
- » Yellow Code for Negative Temperatures throughout Bulgaria