Russia Expresses Regret over Attack on Dutch Diplomat
Russia's foreign ministry has expressed regret after a Dutch diplomat was beaten up in in Moscow.
Unknown assailants forced their way into a top Dutch diplomat’s home on Tuesday evening, pushed him to the floor and tied him up before ransacking the apartment, according to Russian authorities. The attackers reportedly drew a large pink heart on a mirror and scrawled 'LGBT' beneath it – suggesting a homophobic motive.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said Wednesday that police in Moscow were taking every measure to find and apprehend the culprits.
The relations between Russia and the Netherlands were strained by the brief detention of a Russian diplomat in The Hague earlier this month, for which the Netherlands apologized, and by Russia’s September seizure of a Dutch-registered Greenpeace ship in the Arctic and arrest of all 30 people on board.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress
- » New Zealand Shaken by Powerful Earthquake - Tsunami Alert Stated