Bulgaria Expects EU Money for Refugees by End of October
Bulgaria expects to receive financial and technical support from the EU for dealing with the refugee crisis by the end of October.
Bulgaria’s Defense Minister Angel Naydenov specified that besides money, the EU is increasing its deployment of special border units to assist with the increasing entrance of refugees.
“The refugees are nearing 7 000. We are taking all necessary measures to prevent the crisis turning into a catastrophe”, said Naydenov, cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
The government also plans to deploy army units to assist the State Agency for Refugees.
The total capacity of 3 350 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 129 beds.
Meanwhile, a new temporary refugee shelter opened over the weekend in the southern Bulgarian town of Harmanli after the capacity in all other shelters was exceeded by 400 beds.
It is not specified what amount of money the EU would support Bulgaria with.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st
- » Bulgaria’s Town of Panagyurishte Awarded Title of European City of Sports in 2022