Bulgaria Expects EU Money for Refugees by End of October
Bulgaria expects to receive financial and technical support from the EU for dealing with the refugee crisis by the end of October.
Bulgaria’s Defense Minister Angel Naydenov specified that besides money, the EU is increasing its deployment of special border units to assist with the increasing entrance of refugees.
“The refugees are nearing 7 000. We are taking all necessary measures to prevent the crisis turning into a catastrophe”, said Naydenov, cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
The government also plans to deploy army units to assist the State Agency for Refugees.
The total capacity of 3 350 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 129 beds.
Meanwhile, a new temporary refugee shelter opened over the weekend in the southern Bulgarian town of Harmanli after the capacity in all other shelters was exceeded by 400 beds.
It is not specified what amount of money the EU would support Bulgaria with.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Recovery Instrument NextGenerationEU Ready to Be Implemented, Bulgaria’s Recovery Plan Delayed
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat
- » Bulgaria Bottoms EU SURE Funds Absorption Ranking
- » Bulgaria’s Premier to Take Part in Vienna Working Meeting on Fair Vaccines Distribution
- » Bulgaria: SJC Prosecutors’ College to Send Extra Info about Candidates for EU Delegated Prosecutors
- » Bulgaria’s Kristalina Georgieva Wins Recognition as One of 100 Most Influential Women