Bulgaria Expects EU Money for Refugees by End of October
Bulgaria expects to receive financial and technical support from the EU for dealing with the refugee crisis by the end of October.
Bulgaria’s Defense Minister Angel Naydenov specified that besides money, the EU is increasing its deployment of special border units to assist with the increasing entrance of refugees.
“The refugees are nearing 7 000. We are taking all necessary measures to prevent the crisis turning into a catastrophe”, said Naydenov, cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
The government also plans to deploy army units to assist the State Agency for Refugees.
The total capacity of 3 350 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 129 beds.
Meanwhile, a new temporary refugee shelter opened over the weekend in the southern Bulgarian town of Harmanli after the capacity in all other shelters was exceeded by 400 beds.
It is not specified what amount of money the EU would support Bulgaria with.
- » A Dog Caught Nearly 200 kg of Heroin at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…