Sofia Mayor Concerned Over Refugee Center Conditions
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova says the Ministry of Health and the Health Inspection must take emergency measures to improve conditions in the Vrazhdebna refugee center.
“In the current hygienic state, there is serious danger of infectious diseases and epidemic. The risk is not only for those in the shelter, but could spread to those outside it”, commented Fandakova, cited by Focus.
The Mayor confirmed she has spoken with the head of the State Agency for Refugees Nikolay Chirpanliev and they had agreed that no more persons should be placed in the Vrazhdebna center.
“The conditions for those placed in the army barracks are much better than in some refugee centers. When one takes responsibility to accommodate them, it cannot be just to tick off the box. There must be adequate livable conditions”, concluded Fandakova.
The Mayor also called for better cooperation between the relevant government institutions and the Sofia Municipality.
- » Taking a Closer Look at the Different Nursing Specialisms
- » WHO: The Coronavirus is not a Pandemic yet
- » Woman from Plovdiv may be Infected with Coronavirus
- » Oman with the First Two Cases of Coronavirus Infection
- » Coronavirus: China has Developed a Vaccine that Shows Immunity
- » PM Borissov Convened an Extraordinary Meeting of the Security Council because of the Coronavirus