Boat Carrying 200 Migrants Capsizes Near Sicily - Report
A boat carrying an estimated 200 people Europe is in trouble in waters off Sicily, according to officials.
Local media reports suggest the vessel capsized and may have sunk between Sicily and Tunisia.
The ship is believed to have been carrying migrants, CNN says.
Italian ships - backed by helicopters - are assisting at the scene. A number of people have already been rescued.
Earlier this week, another boat carrying more than 500 African migrants sank off the coast of Lampedusa. Over 300 people died in the disaster.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Day 339 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heaving Fighting for Vuhledar and Bakhmut
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority