Berlusconi Asks to Serve Sentence as Community Service
Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has asked to serve his 12-month sentence for tax fraud in the form of community service.
In August, Italy’s Supreme Court upheld Berlusconi's conviction concerning a tax fraud scheme involving TV rights bought by his company Mediaset at inflated prices.
It is the first definitive conviction for him after decades of criminal proceedings.
Because of his age, the 77-year-old former PM will not have to go to prison and had a choice of asking for either house arrest or community service.
If Berlusconi's request is accepted, a Rome-based court will decide what form the service will take, according to international media.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Saudi Arabia's King invites the President of Iran to visit Riyadh
- » North Korea is Rehearsing Nuclear Strikes against the US and South Korea
- » Switzerland: Liquidity Aid for UBS and Credit Suisse “Not a Bailout”
- » By 2050: The Population in 61 countries, including Bulgaria, will Decrease
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol