Brazen Robbery in Bulgaria’s Ex Top Cop Parents’ Home
Unknown criminals have robbed the home of the parents of former Bulgarian Interior Minister in the GERB cabinet, Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
The robbery occurred Sunday in the Sofia "Vrabnitsa" district.
Tsvetanov's mother Gyurgena went shopping on that day and upon returning, discovered that her apartment has been broken into and that she has parted with valuable jewelry, bTV reports.
The attack happened in a matter of minutes and none of the neighbors heard or saw the robbers.
The 76 -year-old woman lives next door to her other son, Tsvetanov's brother. At the time of the robbery, he has not been home either.
When she saw the broken lock, the woman contacted her sons. The former Interior Minister has advised her to immediately call the 112 emergency hotline.
"They took a watch, a gold ring, and a necklace. They were to be a gift for friend for her 50th anniversary. The gift is gone," Lyudmil Tsvetanov, the brother, told bTV.
Neighbors are still talking about the brazen robbery. Police searched for security cameras in their apartments, hoping to find some evidence.
This is the second robbery in the home; the first happened more than 15 years ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene