Smoky Welcome for Bulgaria's National Team in Yerevan
Ugly scenes marred the arrival of Bulgaria's national football team in Yerevan.
Around 40 supporters of Armenia lined up in the airport hall and lit smoke bombs and firecrackers. They were shouting "gypsies, gypsies" at the Bulgarian delegation which was trying to make its way out, reports gong.bg.
The local authorities reacted immediately and escorted the Bulgarians out of the airport as quickly as possible.
Bulgarian Football Union President, Borislav Mihaylov, commented that he will make an appeal to UEFA and FIFA on the matter.
Bulgaria plays Armenia on Friday at 6 PM Bulgarian time in a World Cup qualifier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s final: Djokovic will not participate in the Australian Open, he must leave the country
- » Australia Revoked Djokovic's Visa for the Second Time
- » Boris Kolev Wins His First WSOP Bracelet
- » Djokovic Apologized for his Media Appearance while being Positive for COVID-19
- » Djokovic Detained again in Australia
- » Djokovic Won the Court Battle, he will Stay in Australia