Bulgarian MPs Discuss Closing Border over Refugee Influx
Bulgaria’s Parliament started discussing on Wednesday whether the country’s border with Turkey and Greece should be closed for asylum seekers.
Lawmakers from the ultranationalist Ataka party and the center-right GERB voted in favor of including the item in the agenda, while the liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms and the Bulgarian Socialist Party voted against and abstained, Dnevnik.bg infroms.
MPs rejected the pro-Russian Ataka’s proposal for the country to declare “neutrality” in case of a military conflict in the Middle East.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend