1500 Bulgarian Families Left Homeless over Unpaid Mortgages
A total of 1500 Bulgarian families have lost their only homes due to outstanding home mortgage loans, according to the director of the Bulgarian Credit Center.
Speaking to Bulgarian newspaper Pressa, Tihomir Rashkov explained that many Bulgarians managed to keep their homes keeping up with their mortgage payments despite the difficult economic situation in the country due to the financial crisis.
“Only 1500 Bulgarian families have been left without homes for unpaid bank loans”, reported Tashev, adding that Bulgarians are highly attached to their home and they are not apt to lose it easily.
The mortgage credits of Bulgarians stand at over 160 000 amounting to nearly BGN 8.9 B in total while the unpaid credits account to 18 000, according to statistics of Bulgarian National Bank database.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is among the EU countries with the Highest Household Expenditure on Food and Soft Drinks
- » Survey: Every Fifth Bulgarian has been in the Car with a Drunk Driver
- » Ukrainians with Temporary Protection will be able to Stay in Bulgaria until March 4, 2024
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Wage will be 50% of the National Average – When will it be in Effect?