Sofia Heating Utility to Enter Winter Mode End-Oct
The heating utility in Bulgaria's capital Sofia announced it is ready to start providing heat to customers right away, but would rather not because of the expected warm spell.
"Toplofikatsiya" company has received the long-term forecast of the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, showing the unusually cold temperatures for the beginning of October will be followed by a much warmer spell the next few week.
Temperatures are expected to fall at the end of October, when the utility will start operating in a winter mode.
"Toplofikatsiya Sofia" clients traditionally welcome the start of the winter season with mixed feelings as every year they have to dig deeper into their pockets to pay for the comfort of having a warm and cozy home.
The company, which has been in the news for more than four years after it was found drained to the brink of bankruptcy, provides heating to about 400,000 households in the capital Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Increase in Offenders using Electric Scooters
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1024 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sofia Municipality introduces "Optional" Stops on 9 Lines of Public Transport from Today
- » German Health Minister: EU may allow Combined COVID vaccines from September
- » Bulgaria: Quarantine of those Infected with COVID-19 is Likely to be Reduced
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,274 New Cases in the Last 24 hours