Romania Legalizes Medical Marijuana
Romania has legalized the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
According to Romania-Insider, as cited by Sega daily, the possession and use of marijuana for any purposes was illegal prior to the changes.
However, the country's legislation on narcotic substances has been changed to provide that derivatives of the plant may be used to alleviate pains and the reduce seizure frequency in cases of epilepsy, cancer, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Romania is the tenth EU Member State to legalize medical marijuana.
Tests are currently underway to determine the efficiency of administering marijuana to patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Tourette syndrome.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 9.3 Million
- » COVID-19 Cases in Germany Surpasses 1 Million
- » Germany Prolongs Coronavirus Restrictions until December 20
- » UК Government Writes To Brits Living In Europe To Prepare For The End of Transition Period
- » Russia Claims Its Ship 'threatened to ram' US Ship in Sea of Japan
- » Scotland Becomes First Country to Provide Free Menstrual Products