Romania Legalizes Medical Marijuana
Romania has legalized the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
According to Romania-Insider, as cited by Sega daily, the possession and use of marijuana for any purposes was illegal prior to the changes.
However, the country's legislation on narcotic substances has been changed to provide that derivatives of the plant may be used to alleviate pains and the reduce seizure frequency in cases of epilepsy, cancer, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Romania is the tenth EU Member State to legalize medical marijuana.
Tests are currently underway to determine the efficiency of administering marijuana to patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Tourette syndrome.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: From Today Changes in the List of Countries falling into the Red Zone
- » WHO: Travel Restrictions are Ineffective during a Pandemic
- » Boris Johnson: No Masks and COVID Certificates from Next Week
- » The White House: Russia could Launch an Invasion of Ukraine at any time
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday