Bulgarian Energy Consultant Denies Wrongdoing
Bulgarian energy consultant Bogomil Manchev blamed ex-Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's cabinet and Marin Raykov's caretaker government for not stopping the Belene Nuclear Power Plant project.
The CEO of Risk Engineering gave a press conference just hours after he was officially charged with large-scale embezzlement and premeditated mismanagement of the project.
On September 20, Risk Engineering's offices were searched in a special police operation against suspected fraud in the energy sector. Manchev's company is accused of having embezzled millions of euros in consultancy deals for the project, despite the fact that its construction was stopped in March 2012.
Manchev outlined that the previous government had not blocked the commercial transactions for the project after this decision.
The prosecution, however, underscores that the moratorium on the project on the part of the government in essence means halting all activities related to it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations
- » Unregulated Contacts of President Radev’s Secretary with Businessman Plamen Bobokov