Bulgarian Energy Consultant Denies Wrongdoing
Bulgarian energy consultant Bogomil Manchev blamed ex-Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's cabinet and Marin Raykov's caretaker government for not stopping the Belene Nuclear Power Plant project.
The CEO of Risk Engineering gave a press conference just hours after he was officially charged with large-scale embezzlement and premeditated mismanagement of the project.
On September 20, Risk Engineering's offices were searched in a special police operation against suspected fraud in the energy sector. Manchev's company is accused of having embezzled millions of euros in consultancy deals for the project, despite the fact that its construction was stopped in March 2012.
Manchev outlined that the previous government had not blocked the commercial transactions for the project after this decision.
The prosecution, however, underscores that the moratorium on the project on the part of the government in essence means halting all activities related to it.
- » Pirates Attacked an Italian Ship in the Gulf of Mexico
- » Turkish Authorities Found a Truck with 82 Migrants Traveling to Europe (VIDEO)
- » Greek Police Busted a Human Trafficking Group
- » A 50-Year-Old Man Was Stabbed in the Capital's "Iztok" Neighbourhood
- » A Man Robbed Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Armed Men Killed 37 Workers in Burkina Faso