Bulgaria with New Chief Anti-mafia Appellate Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council, VSS, unanimously elected Thursday Daniela Popova to lead the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
There were two candidates for the post of chief anti-mafia appellate prosecutor - Popova, who is currently acting as administrative head of the Appellate Prosecutor's Office and Svetozar Kostov - acting administrative head of the Special Anti-Mafia Prosecutor's Office.
Popova received all 19 votes.
The post became vacant after Borislav Sarafov was promoted to Deputy of Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
Popova is said to have been Tsatsarov favorite for the post.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators
- » 19 Canceled Flights between Bulgaria and Germany due to the Strike at German airports
- » Bulgaria: Bomb Signals were received in 10 Schools in Sofia and 15 in Burgas
- » Bulgarian Sheep Breeders: Lamb for Easter will be between BGN 25 and BGN 29 per kilogram
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 40 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening