France's Hollande Urges Ministers to End Roma Rhetoric
French President, Francois Hollande, has asked his Ministers to stop with controversial statements regarding Roma immigrants.
Hollande has put an end to the recent Roma rhetoric by his ministers, at a government's meeting held on Wednesday, October 2nd, according to private French TV channel TF1.
The President reminded the ministers that France has its own values and principles, and the government's policy towards Roma population in the country should be aligned with those values, announced a spokesperson of the French government.
Hollande's call comes after a public dispute over France's policy towards its Roma population between Interior Minister Manuel Valls, and Prime Minister, Jean-Marc Ayrault.
Last week Valls claimed that Roma immigrants must be extradited back to Bulgaria and Romania, because they could never integrate themselves into French lifestyle, while Ayrault pointed out that integration of Roma residents is possible, as long as they comply with the law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria