94 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria over Past 24 H
A total of 94 asylum seekers who entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey have been detained by Bulgarian border police over the past 24 hours.
70 of them were Syrian nationals, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
Bulgaria currently has the capacity to accommodate 5 000 refugees – a number that was exceeded last week.
Bulgaria, which shares a border with Turkey, is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict. Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Marks 102 Years Since the Treaty of Neuily
- » Health Minister Katsarov's Promised 1 Million Tests for Students turned out to be 168,800
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed
- » Governor of New York has Issued a State of Emergency because of the New Covid Variant
- » Expert: News about New Variant “Omicron” are Concerning, but This is Not the End of the World
- » Pfizer and Moderna expect Data on Vaccine Protection against New Covid Variant Soon