Bulgarian Govt Vows to Up Minimum Wage in Jan 2014
Hasan Ademov, Bulgaria's Minister of Labor and Social Policy, has confirmed that the government intends to increase the minimum monthly wage in the country to BGN 340 (EUR 173) on January 1, 2014.
The minimum wage in Bulgaria is currently BGN 310.
Ademov has also told the Bulgarian National Radio that the government considers upping the monthly payment for raising children aged between 1 and 2 years to BGN 340.
He said the government will seek to reestablish the so called “Swiss rule” for the annual indexation of pensions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gambling Industry: Prospects and Future Trends
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in the EU is 8.8%, in Bulgaria - 13.4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation for May jumped 15%
- » Markets Jumped the Gun, expecting to Hawkish Fed tomorrow