Bulgaria's Ex EU Commissioner Roots for More Women in Politics
More women must take leadership positions in Bulgarian politics, argued former Bulgarian EU Commissioner Meglena Kuneva.
In an interview for Darik Radio Saturday, Kuneva reiterated her calls for a thorough change of the very "model" of Bulgarian politics.
At the party convention, she called for the creation of a formal rightist coalition under the so-called Reformist Bloc, which would fight against entrenched mainstream Bulgarian political parties.
"I think that it is important to keep up the reformist initiative and to potenitate it - via a civic council, via open coalition negotiations, and so forth," said Kuneva.
"We are walking towards political innovation. A new form of democracy is coming to supplant tyranny. I think we can achieve that with the Reformist Bloc," added the former European Commissioner.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend