Canada Considers Lifting Visa Regime for Bulgarians
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin and his Canadian counterpart John Baird discussed the possibility of lifting the visa regime between the two countries.
The foreign ministers met during the 68th Session of the United Nations General Assembly.
Vigenin welcomed the opening of a Canadian visa center in Sofia, but underlined that his hope is for the restrictions to fall altogether in the near future, reported the Foreign Ministry's press center.
Baird admitted that there is a proposed legislative amendment in that direction.
Bulgaria, Romania, and the Czech Republic are the only EU states with visa requirement for Canada.
The two ministers also discussed the situation in Syria, while Vigenin expressed his gratitude for Canada's assistance in the investigation of the terrorist attack on an Israeli tourist bus at Burgas' Sarafovo Airport in July 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations