Rouhani Says Holocaust Was Reprehensible Crime against Jews
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has admitted that the Holocaust took place, in a sharp contrast to his predecessor.
Rouhani has told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour that the Nazis committed a "reprehensible" crime against the Jewish people.
"I am not a historian and when it comes to speaking of the dimensions of the Holocaust it is the historians that should reflect," he said, as cited by Arutz Sheva.
"But in general I can tell you that any crime that happens in history against humanity, including the crime the Nazis created towards the Jews, is reprehensible and condemnable," he added.
Israeli officials had sharply criticized Rouhani, a moderate cleric who has made diplomatic overtures to the West, for failing to renounce his predecessor Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust, which killed 6 million Jews.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours