Bulgaria's Todor Nedelev Operated, Misses October's Qualifiers
Bulgarian national team footballer Todor Nedelev underwent surgery on his right ankle on Tuesday.
The Botev Plovdiv winger suffered an injury during last week's Bulgarian Cup match against Neftochimik Burgas. The magnetic resonance imaging showed a fracture on the right ankle.
The injury definitively rules out Nedelev from next month's World Cup qualifiers against Armenia and the Czech Republic. It could also prove a setback in his expected January move to German Bundesliga team Mainz 05, reports gong.bg.
The 20-year old hot prospect signed a preliminary contract with the German club in August. He is supposed to undergo medical tests for his new team in December, with current recovery predictions suggesting he will need 3 months off the pitch.
Nedelev travelled to Munich on Monday where he is being operated at Dr. Erich Rembeck's clinic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance