Bulgarian Protests Are 'Something to Be Proud of' - President
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has once again spoken up in strong support of ongoing anti-government protests in capital Sofia.
Saturday the rallies against the cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski are formally entering their 100th day.
"I am absolutely convinced that the strong civil energy that we are witnessing are something we can all be proud of," said Plevnelieev while on a visit to the central northern town of Tryavna.
According to the Bulgarian President, the rallies have contributed to making state institutions more open to citizens.
"Protests in both February and July have contributed to the national meaning, and the national cause of unification," said Plevneliev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Business Community: Vaccines Should Be Available on Commercial Market
- » European Commission Comes Out With Additional Restriction for International Travellers
- » Bulgarian Business Community: We Want to Work Not to Receive Aid
- » World Economy: Foreign Direct Investments Slumped by 42 Percent in 2020
- » Bulgarian Sales Industry: Stores to Be Opened Immediately to Avoid Total Collapse
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested