Bulgarian Top TV Journalist’s Car Set on Fire, Arson Suspected
The car of Genka Shikerova, a long-time journalist at private TV channel bTV and currently co-host of its morning broadcast, has been set on fire in a suspected arson.
The news was first reported by the TV channel and later confirmed by Shikerova.
The car – a Peugeot 308 – parked in front of the journalist’s home in Geo Milev district - suddenly burst into flames half an hour after eight on Monday evening.
Neighbors rushed to the parking lot and tried to put out the flames, but in vain.
The car has burned down completely.
Genka Shikerova is currently co-host of bTV morning broadcast, together with Konstantin Karadzhov.
The pair started their work last month after the previous hosts – Anni Tzolova and Victor Nikolaev - moved to the rival, Nova TV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros