Bulgarian Top TV Journalist’s Car Set on Fire, Arson Suspected
The car of Genka Shikerova, a long-time journalist at private TV channel bTV and currently co-host of its morning broadcast, has been set on fire in a suspected arson.
The news was first reported by the TV channel and later confirmed by Shikerova.
The car – a Peugeot 308 – parked in front of the journalist’s home in Geo Milev district - suddenly burst into flames half an hour after eight on Monday evening.
Neighbors rushed to the parking lot and tried to put out the flames, but in vain.
The car has burned down completely.
Genka Shikerova is currently co-host of bTV morning broadcast, together with Konstantin Karadzhov.
The pair started their work last month after the previous hosts – Anni Tzolova and Victor Nikolaev - moved to the rival, Nova TV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium