NATO Hails US-Russia Syria Agreement
NATO has welcomed the agreement reached Saturday between US Secretary of State John Kerry and the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on the abolition of Syrian chemical weapons.
"This is an important step towards the goal of ensuring the swift, secure and verifiable elimination of Syria's stocks of chemical weapons. Full and unreserved Syrian compliance is now key," NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said in a statement.
Rasmussen has underscored the international community had a responsibility to make sure that the long-standing norm and practice against the use of chemical weapons is maintained, and violators are held accountable.
He noted the agreement should give further momentum to a political solution to end the horrendous bloodshed in Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine