Bulgaria to Turn Military Buildings into Syrian Refugees Shelters
Bulgarian Defense Ministry would grant the State Refugees Agency military buildings to accommodate the increased number of Syrian refugees coming in Bulgaria after the beginning of the war conflict.
Buildings across 26 military districts are proposed to be turned into shelters for Syrian refugees, announced Angel Naidenov, Bulgarian Defense Minister.
“These premises are in miserable condition and at the moment the cost of the repair works is being estimated“, said the minister, adding that the sum needed for the building to be transformed into asylums will exceed BGN 10 M.
The buildings are located in the Bulgarian towns of Kresna, Aitos, Karnobat, Zvezdetz, Momchilgrad, Nova Zagora, Chirpan among others.
The director of the Bulgarian Military Medical Academy on his part took the responsibility to provide the refugees with household linen and necessary vaccines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend