Putin: US Must Put End to Doctrine of Exceptionalism
The US must stop considering itself as exceptional and abide by the standards of international law, stated Russian President Vladimir Putin.
In op-ed for the New York Times published online late September 11, Putin has warned the US agianst taking military action in Syria without a prior UN decision.
American beliefs that the country is exceptional are misguided, and the US must take the opportunity to forge diplomatic dialogue instead of waging war, stated the Russian President.
"I carefully studied [US President Barack Obama's] address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the US policy is “what makes America different"," wrote Putin.
"There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal," is the conclusion of the Russian President's NYT op-ed.
- » Mass Prison Break in West Papua - Police is Looking For 250 Prisoners
- » The US is Ready to Resume Direct Talks with North Korea on its Nuclear Program
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Trump Canceled a Planned Meeting with the Danish PM after She Said Greenland Is not for Sale
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Russia: U.S. Cruise Missile Test is Regrettable