Bulgaria Nominates Spy Comedy for Foreign Language Oscar
Spy comedy “The Color of the Chameleon” of director Emil Hristov has been selected as Bulgaria’s nominee for the upcoming Annual Academy Awards' foreign-language category.
"The Color of the Chameleon" centers on misfit youth turned engraving plant employee Batko Stamenov (codename: Marzipan), who is recruited by the secret police to infiltrate a book reading group.
“A darkly comic and compelling tale of a rogue Communist-era agent who builds a parallel spy network after his dismissal from state service, Hristov's directorial debut reflects his long experience as a cinematographer,” The Hollywood Reporter says about the move.
The film screened in the Discovery section at last year's Toronto festival and picked up a special mention at Thessaloniki.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia