Syria: Obama Is Confused, Hollande Is Irresponsible
The latest actions of US President Barack Obama betray confusion and hesitation, stated Syrian Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Faisal Mekdad Sunday.
This is the first reaction of a senior Syrian official on the latest developments regarding the possible US military intervention in the Syrian civil war.
Earlier Obama had said that although the US has enough evidence to believe that forces of Syria's President Bashar Al-Assad had used chemical weapons, he will consult Congress before going ahead with the operation.
"It is clear there was a sense of hesitation and disappointment in what was said by President Barack Obama Saturda. And it is also clear there was a sense of confusion as well," Syria's Deputy Foreign Minister Mekdad told reporters in Damascus.
The Syrian top diplomat was also very critical of authorities in France, which along with the US and Turkey were the most vocal proponents of a military intervention in Syria.
"In Damascus we have a responsible government, but in Paris there is no such thing," commented Faisal.
He accused French President Francois Hollande and Foreign Affairs Minister Laurent Fabius of "misleading the people of France" regarding the situation in Syria, in order to cover up other failed policies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir