Syrian PM Says Army Ready to Respond to Strike
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi has declared that his country’s army is ready for potential foreign strikes against it and has its "finger on the trigger,"
"The Syrian army is fully ready, its finger on the trigger to face any challenge or scenario that they want to carry out," he said in a written statement aired on television, according to international media.
On Saturday, UN weapons inspectors crossed into neighbouring Lebanon after four days of inspections in Syria, including investigations of what happened in the Damascus suburbs on August 21.
US President Barack Obama has said he is considering military action against Syria based on intelligence reports.
- » Eurostat: EU Exports of Services to Countries outside of the EU Valued at €945 Billion
- » Boris Johnson is Preparing for Trade Talks with the US
- » Taj Mahal to be Cleaned for the First Time in 300 Years because of Donald Trump’s Visit
- » World's Oldest Man Dies at 112
- » Pakistan Adopted a Strict Law on the Control of Social Networks
- » "Mission Impossible" Movie Shoot Canceled due to the Coronavirus in Italy