NATO Doesn't Plan Syria Intervention - Rasmussen
NATO is not planning a military intervention in Syria under the auspices of the Alliance, stated Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
"The international community must give an answer to events in Syria. But I see a no NATO role in an international reaction against the regime in Syria," stated Rasmussen, as quoted by Danish newspaper Politiken.
Nevertheless, the NATO Secretary General said he has no doubts that the regime is the party that perpetrated last week's attack with chemical weapons.
He added that this action, which he described as a "a terrifying and horrible act", should not go unanswered.
"Chemical attacks are a clear violation of international standards - a crime that can't be ignored. It demands an international response, so it doesn't happen again," Rasmussen said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia again Hit with Missiles many regions of Ukraine
- » EC: Bulgaria has ensured even better Protection of the EU External Borders than in the First Inspection
- » Day 285 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and the West react strongly against Macron’s statement on Russia
- » Von der Leyen: EU must adapt its Rules in response to US Subsidies
- » UK Economy to Shrink in 2023
- » Germany will buy 35 Fighter Jets from the US for $10.5 billion