Bulgaria’s Varna Airport New Terminal Welcomes First Passengers
Ninety passengers on a commercial flight from Minsk arrived at the brand new terminal in Bulgaria’s coastal city of Varna Monday.
The event marked the start of operations of the new terminal facilities.
“The new terminal has capacity for 1,8 million passengers and a total area of 20 000 m2, which could be extended, if needed," said Dimitar Kostadinov, Director of Varna Airport.
Terminal 2 boasts to be one of the most modern airport facilities in Bulgaria and has the most contemporary service systems, providing shopping areas, cafes and eateries.
It was built in 20 months in a project worth BGN 75 M.
The new terminal takes over the operations of the older, Terminal 1, which was closed after 41 years of operation.
- » President Radev Participated in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council (UPDATED)
- » Dupnitsa Company Imports Seamstresses from Moldova
- » BSMEPA will Support the Association of Bulgarian Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- » Fines and Prohibitions: What to Watch out for on the Beach!
- » Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Close to the Average for Europe
- » The E-commerce Turnover is about BGN 3 Billion Per Year