Russia: Strike on Syria to Trigger Regional Catastrophe
Russia has warned that military intervention in Syria would have "catastrophic consequences" for the region.
Russian foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich on Tuesday called on the international community to show "prudence" over the crisis and observe international law.
"Attempts to bypass the Security Council, once again to create artificial groundless excuses for a military intervention in the region are fraught with new suffering in Syria and catastrophic consequences for other countries of the Middle East and North Africa," he said in a statement.
Late on Monday, the US said it was postponing a meeting on Syria with Russian diplomats, citing "ongoing consultations" about alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria.
Hours later, Russia expressed regret about the decision.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid
- » Day 81 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Hell at Azovstal, Russia Drops Phosphorus Bombs, Rocket Fire near Ukraine’s Border with Poland
- » Day 80 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Fighting in Donbas is Gaining Momentum, Russian Soldier on Trial
- » Lavrov: The EU has become an Aggressive and Militant Player
- » Zelenskiy: No One can Predict How Long this War will Last
- » Croatia will Adopt the Euro on 1 January 2023