British Warplanes, Carriers Spotted at Cyprus Airbase - Report
British warplanes and transport carriers have been reportedly seen arriving at a military airbase in Cyprus, suggesting that plans for a Western-led attack in Syria are in full swing.
The United Kingdom has full autonomy at the base, which is shaping up to be the base from which fighter planes will strike at targets in Syria if such a campaign is commenced, according to the Guardian.
The arrival of warplanes suggests that advanced readiness – at the very least – has been ordered by UK authorities as David Cameron, Barack Obama and European leaders step up their rhetoric against Bashar al-Assad, whose armed forces they accuse of carrying out the chemical weapons attack last Wednesday that killed many hundreds in eastern Damascus.
Meanwhile, UN chemical weapons inspectors are due to start Tuesday a second day of investigations into last week's attacks in Damascus. The UN team came under sniper fire as they tried to visit an area west of the city on Monday.
On Monday, US Secretary of State John Kerry said there was "undeniable" evidence of a chemical attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk
- » Biden on the Abolition of Abortion Rights in the US: A Tragic Mistake