Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.1 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Sunday.
According to the Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 1 km. The epicenter is located between the villages of Omarchevo and Grafitovo, close to the town of Nova Zagora.
The tremor was registered at 4:09 pm. There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days
- » Light Precipitation in Western Bulgaria, Strong Wind in 18 Regions
- » From February 5: Arctic Cold sets in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: The Roads in the Areas of Sofia have been Treated against Icing
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places